Not So Scary Haunted House at Miami Children’s Museum
The family friendly 2,500 square foot Haunted House can be as scary as you want it to be, and features its own 7-foot Baby T-Rex along with its collection of clowns, zombies and haunting music and sounds. The Baby T-Rex, the only life-like dinosaur in South Florida that moves under its own power, is part of the Museum’s Dino Island exhibit. The Haunted House also includes: Spooky clowns, Zombie babies, Pirates, a Dino Graveyard, hay bales and pumpkin patch area, and a trick or treat area! All with scary sounds effects and live actors hiding around every corner!
• When: Oct. 21 – Oct. 31
• Where: Miami Children’s Museum, 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami
• Admission: $16 for adults and children, $12 for Florida Residents, free for children under 1 year and admission for Members is complimentary.
• Web: www.miamichildrensmuseum.org
Jungle Island’s Spooktacular
Calling all princesses, goblins, superheroes and angels: Jungle Island’s Spooktacular will feature Halloween fun from trick-or-treating through the Jungle, interactive Witch’s lair, “Swamp of Fear” - a kid-friendly haunted forest, plus the Costume Contest.
• When: Oct. 26-27, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Where: 1111 Parrot Jungle Tr., Miami; 305-400-7000
• Admission: $34.95 plus tax adults 11-61, $32.95 plus tax seniors 62 +, kids 3-10 $5 with full paying adult.
Families and kids ages 12 and under are invited to trick-or-treat in costumes, participate in costume contests, watch special performances, make Halloween crafts, see the wild animals get their Halloween goodies, and more. Music and games with fun prizes will be provided by Radio Disney AM 990 and The Coast 97.3 FM.
• When: Saturday, Oct. 26 and Sunday, Oct. 27, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Where: Zoo Miami, 12400 SW 152nd St., Miami
• Admission: Included with zoo admission
Little Monster Mash Halloween Bash
Tongue & Cheek celebrates October’s most anticipated holiday with a fun-filled, Halloween inspired brunch for the whole family with a hauntingly delicious à la carte kids menu, which is complimentary for all children under the age of 12, plus fun activities and entertainment throughout the afternoon including pumpkin painting, costume contests and balloon artists.
• When: Oct. 26, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Where: Tongue & Cheek,431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-704-2900
Bleau Moon Howl
A wicked fun afternoon of sugary treats and ghostly activities awaits youngsters at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach where Kids 4-12 will have a bone rattling time at this family friendly affair with fun activities like the monster mash freeze dance, pumpkin decorating, trick-or-treating and more.
• When: Oct. 26, 5-8 p.m.
• Where: Fontainebleau Miami Beach, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
• Admission: Free for hotel guests, $10 for non-hotel guests
Spooky Zoo Nights
An after-hours family event includes entry into Dr. Wilde’s Creepy House, spooky tram rides, ghoulish carousel rides, and chilling story-telling. Goodies and roving street theatre will add excitement to the pathways.
• When: Saturday, Oct. 25 and Sunday, Oct. 26, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.