• Where: Zoo Miami, 12400 SW 152nd St., Miami
• Admission: $10.95 per person, $9.95 for zoo members at www.zoomiami.org
GrossOut Science Halloween
Visit the Museum for special Halloween activities. Take the jelly bean taste test, touch snakes, gators and bugs and even play the GrossOut Showdown. Make sure to dress for the Halloween Costume Contest. If you dare, taste edible bugs. Here is a quick sample:
Totally Gross Science Lab: Dissect a diaper, get sweaty, make a crusty scab, dig for ear wax, make fake vomit, get bad breath and play with snot.
Mad Scientist Chemistry and Electricity Shows: The Mad Scientist will blow you away with color changing liquids, bubbling mixtures, and static electricity experiments.
Human Organs show: Learn how the body turns food to poo in this exciting and disgusting show!
Bat Chat: Learn all about echolocation and other interesting bat facts.
• When: Oct. 25-27; noon to 4 p.m.
• Where: Museum of Discovery and Science, 401 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale
• Tickets: Call 954-467-6637
“A Spooky Symphony” presented by The Children’s Trust
“A Spooky Symphony” features the most beautiful scary music you’ve ever heard by The Greater Miami Youth Symphony and the Alhambra Orchestra conducted by Huifang Chen and Zoe Zeniodi, with piano soloist Asiya Korepanova. The free Halloween family concert includes excerpts from Star Wars, Phantom of the Opera, Night on Bald Mountain, Symphonie Fantastique, Totentanz, and more. Additional concert highlights include a multimedia presentation. Children are encouraged to dress in their best Halloween costumes to enhance the supernatural experience.
• When: Sunday, Oct. 27, 4 p.m.
• Where: The Olympia Theater at The Gusman Center for the Performing Arts, 174 E. Flagler St., Miami
• Tickets: Free and open seating. Large groups should call 305-667-4069 in advance.
Halloween at Dolphin Mall
The Dolphin Mall hosts its annual “Spooktacular,” a special celebration featuring fun and entertainment for the entire family with sing-alongs, live music, fun games, face painters and balloon artists throughout the mall. Costumed guests can even trick-or-treat throughout the mall for delicious goodies. Kids wearing their best costumes can also participate in one of three costume contests for ages 3 years and younger, ages 4 to 8, and ages 9 to 12.
• When: Oct. 31, 5:30-9:30 p.m.
• Where: 11401 NW 12th St, Miami
• Admission: Free