Munchkin Fun Miami’s top picks:
Mommy and Me Tea at Fairchild
Create a special memory with our Mommy and Me Tea, held in the Visitor Center Ballroom overlooking the tropical garden. Enjoy sweet and savory treats with your tea as local guitarist Rob Friedman plays soothing melodies.
• When: Sunday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m.
• Where: Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables
• Cost: $27 per person for members, $37 per person non-members, $17 per child 12 and under
• More information: 305-667-1651
Momentum Dance Company in Coral Gables
Join the Momentum Dance Company for a special family-friendly community performance.
• When: Saturday, Jan. 11 at 11 a.m.
• Where: Coral Gables Library: 3443 Segovia St, Coral Gables
• Cost: Free
• More information: 305-442-8706
Mommy, Daddy and Me Art at Downtown Miami
Moms, dads and kids 18 months to 4 years will play with paint, clay and other eco-friendly materials in this interactive weekend art class.
• When: Saturday, Jan. 12 from 3-3:45 p.m.
• Where: Atlantis Natural: 1717 N. Bayshore Dr., Miami
• Cost: $25 per class
• More information: Click here to book, or call 888-982-8618
Have more fun with your kids! Find, book & buy Miami’s best classes & event tickets on MunchkinFun.com . Make sure to sign up for the Munchkin Fun newsletter to get Miami’s best family fun delivered right to your inbox.
Miami on the Cheap’s top picks:
Free movie at North Shore Park: The Goonies
Every weekend North Shore Park offers free movie screenings at the bandshell. This Friday the film is the kids' classic The Goonies.
• When: Friday, Jan. 10 at 7 p.m.
• Where: North Shore Park Bandshell, 7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
• Cost: Free.
• More information: 305-861-3616 or web.miamibeachfl.gov/parksandrecreation
Big Toy Extravaganza in Coral Gables
Children will be able to view, climb and explore trucks, specialized vehicles and cars. The Big Toy Extravaganza will also include food trucks, face painting, arts and crafts, and inflatable rides and slides.
• When: Saturday, Jan. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Where: Merrick Park, 405 Biltmore Way, Coral Gables
• Cost: Free
• More information: 305-460-5600 or www.coralgables.com/index.aspx?page=870
Free admission to Coral Gables museum during Family Day on Aragon
The Coral Gables Museum will feature free arts and crafts and free admission during Family Day on Aragon. The program will include a scavenger hunt and a tour of the exhibit about Coral Gables Elementary School. There will be a musical performance by Orchestra Miami at 3 p.m. (and again at 4 p.m. if the crowd warrants).
• When: Saturday, Jan. 1 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Where: Dolphin Mall Ramblas Plaza, 11401 NW 12th St., Miami.
• Cost: Free
• More information: 305-603-8067 or coralgablesmuseum.org/familyday.php
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter or the daily Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap newsletter . For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events .