Munchkin Fun Miami’s top picks:
Creative Arts for Kids at MOCA
Kids ages 6-12 are invited to tour MOCA exhibitions and learn about the elements of art by painting, drawing and sculpting in the style of renowned contemporary and modern artists.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 1 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Where: MOCA: 770 NE 125 St., North Miami
• Cost: $18, click here to buy
• More information: 888-982-8618
Miami Children’s Museum opens Storyland exhibit
Join MCM to celebrate its newest traveling exhibit, Storyland — a literacy adventure through Childhood books that bring children and adults into the world of seven beloved picture books.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Where: Miami Children’s Museum: 980 MacArthur Cswy., Miami
• Cost: $16, $12 for Florida residents
• More information: 305-373-5437
Actors’ Playhouse Kids Fest Family Day
Follow the yellow brick road to the Miracle Theatre where Actors’ Playhouse will present an entire day of theater fun for the whole family at the 2014 Kids Fest Family Day. In celebration of the 75th anniversary of one of the most beloved films of all time, this year's Kids Fest will feature two performances of the Musical Theatre for Young Audiences production of The Wizard of Oz at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 1 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Where: Actors’ Playhouse: 280 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
• Cost: $20
• More information: 305-444-9293
Have more fun with your kids! Find, book & buy Miami’s best classes & event tickets on MunchkinFun.com . Make sure to sign up for the Munchkin Fun newsletter to get Miami’s best family fun delivered right to your inbox.
Miami on the Cheap’s top picks:
Free movie at North Shore Park: The Smurfs
Every weekend North Shore Park offers free movie screenings at the bandshell. This Friday the animated favorite The Smurfs.
• When: Friday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m.
• Where: North Shore Park Bandshell, 7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
• Cost: Free.
• More information: 305-861-3616 or web.miamibeachfl.gov/parksandrecreation
Home Depot Free Kids Workshop
Home Depot offers free kids’ workshops the first Saturday of every month. The kids get to keep what they make, plus they get an orange apron, a pin and a certificate. This event is for kids ages 5 to 12.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 1 from 9 a.m. to noon
• Where: Your nearest Home Depot store
• Cost: Free
• More information: http://workshops.homedepot.com/workshops/kids-workshops
Dolphin Mall Splashers Kids Club
Every first Saturday of the month the Dolphin Mall Splasher’s Kids Club presents fun for all featuring character appearances, magicians, music and more in Ramblas Plaza, Entry 3.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 1 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Where: 11401 NW 12th St., Miami
• Cost: Free
• More information: 305-365-7446 or www.shopdolphinmall.com/dining_entertainment/clubs/splashers
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter or the daily Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap newsletter . For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events .