Munchkin Fun Miami’s top picks:
Walk like MADD/MADD Dash 2014
Walk Like MADD is a 5K walk, certified run and lots more including live entertainment, food, activities for kids, teens and parents. There will be a marketplace and police, fire and canine demonstrations! All proceeds go toward local MADD prevention programs.
• When: Sunday, Feb. 9 from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Where: Tropical Park: 7900 SW 40 St., Miami
• Cost: $20
The Mice War, an opera for kids
Why do we eat yellow cheese? Find out in this absurdist opera for kids. An afternoon the whole family won't soon forget.
• When: Sunday, Feb. 9 at 4 p.m.
• Where: Pinecrest Gardens: 11000 SW 57 Ave., Pinecrest
• More information: 888-982-8618
Guess Who Mr. Dinosaur at Books & Book Coral Gables
Guess Who Mr. Dinosaur is a delightful children's book and teaching tool about the similar features between ancient dinosaurs and modern day animals. It is written from the perspective of a 3 year old author, capturing the wonderful mind of a child.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 8 at 10 a.m.
• Where: Books & Books Coral Gables: 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables
• Cost: Free
Have more fun with your kids! Find, book & buy Miami’s best classes & event tickets on MunchkinFun.com . Make sure to sign up for the Munchkin Fun newsletter to get Miami’s best family fun delivered right to your inbox.
Miami on the Cheap’s top picks:
Free Family Movie Night in Sunny Isles Beach
Every first weekend of the month Sunny Isles Beach offers free movie screenings at the Heritage Park. Activities for kids start at 7 p.m.. This Friday the animated favorite The Smurfs 2.
• When: Friday, Feb. 7 at from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Where: Heritage Park,19200 Collins Ave Sunny Isles Beach
• Cost: Free.
• More information: 305-792-1706 or www.sibfl.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/2.7.14-FMN1.pdf
Free First Friday at Miami Science Museum
The first Friday of every month means free evening admission at the Miami Science. This kid favorite features tons of interactive exhibits and includes a free planetarium star show at 7 p.m.
• When: Friday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m.
• Where: 3280 S Miami Ave, Miami, Florida 33133
• Cost: Free
• More information: 305-646-4400 https://www.miamisci.org/
Free Family Fun Day at HistoryMiami Museum
Every second Saturday of the month from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. HistoryMiami hosts a free family fun day. On Feb. 8, become an explorer through the interactive map station, enjoy children’s games and make some crafts at the Map-tacular experience.
• When: Saturday, Feb. 8 from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Where: 101 West Flagler Street Miami, FL 33130
• Cost: Free
• More information: 305-375-1492 or www.historymiami.org/learning-programs/family--children-programs/family-fun-days/
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter or the daily Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap newsletter . For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events .